Students like me work on the principle of rockets. Not because we aim the sky, but because, we start studying only when our tail is on fire !!
- Nivya James (Friend & Guide)
Autobiography of the like button

Autobiography of the like button


button
                                                                 
 Preface

Before I start, I would like you to know that I am not just any button you usually come across clinging on to shirts, jeans, your mobile or a remote, I am the greatest of them all, more prominent than any other thing with the same sir-name as mine. 

 Hi there everyone, you may disagree to it but the fact is that each one of you love me, so much that the online ‘you’ cannot even survive without me. I may seem conceited but that’s the ultimate reality. People or things that have me by their side are more popular and sought-after and these are the ones who at times  embarrass me by putting a whole lot of time and effort on me. Some less-intelligent people might claim that I am not that valuable but these wise men are not aware of the amount of money my fans shell out just to get a glance of me. That’s enough of self-appraisal I guess. I just want to tell you people about me, my birth, my shot to fame and all so that the next time you hit me, you could be proud of doing it.

I was born in the minds of a great dude, in a beautiful site (to be pronounced ‘city’) called Friendfeed on October 30, 2007 and I marked the beginning of a new era in the World Wide Web. Within two days of my birth, I was more popular than errr, whatever. I was so cute, polite and ambitious that the social network giant, Facebook decided that they must have me. Adopting me would have been enough, but they went on to acquire the whole site I was born at.My path to fame was laid.

My presence is not limited to Facebook or other social networks, You can find me all over the Internet. I do have rivals like the +1 button (who is pretty much younger than me), but they hardly make me shriek. I am far ahead in the race and I am not gonna sleep (Yeah I have heard the story of the Hare and the tortoise).I am inclined to thank you all for this.

Another thing I love is the way people express their love towards me. While some hit the ‘like button’, some others punch me, a few guys destroy (not literally) the like button, some hindi speaking guys can be heard saying – “thoko like”. Through the years, Facebook has experimented with me, I recently underwent a plastic surgery though it didn’t disturb my identity much. They sometimes place me wherever they please. Facebook is also planning to give birth to my new competitor- the dislike button. I’ll definitely try to be in good terms with her, after all its all in the game.

Not a very long autobiography right? well, I am only seven. With the love you give me, I am sure to entertain you for years to come (even if dislike button isn’t much impressed with me). Keep thoking, hitting, punching and destroying me. 

signing off 
yours 
“Like button” .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home